Sternocleidomastoid Lump Both Sides Lump On Right Sternocleidomastoid, Cancer?

Lump on right sternocleidomastoid, cancer? - sternocleidomastoid lump both sides

First, I am 15 years old. No problems that I know. Healthy Body Mass Index of 21.3 (like Wii Fit).

So I do not know how he found me, but I found a lump in sternocleidomastoid. It is very close to my ear when I stretch my ears and feel comfortable. I have a chart, too.

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/714/nec ...

I'm back where I think it is.

Now describe to the masses.

It does not hurt (not a good sign if I'm not) remember (I can still pain there, however.)
This is not really visible.
It is soft, not rough.
Probably one of the size of the Mini M & M's (I do not know if they sell more ...)
You can not move.
Although legitimate reverse is the truth, right there.

Is this a problem or not?

Oh, and do not tell me, "You go to a company doctor to explain why.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to see a doctor. My feeling is that swollen lymph nodes, which probably means that you have an infection somewhere in the region and need antibiotics.

Anonymous said...

I looked at the pictures.
Now we have to distinguish between a mass of muscles, and a lump in the skin over the muscle.
A large piece of skin over the muscle can be identified, beacause it moves with the skin.
If so, then it can be a lymph node. A node is painless, is obviously not so important if the glands on their own, but if there is more to be felt only by careful palpation,
and are important.
I could not judge the size of the tumor, when they say "mini MM," because I do not know what they are. But I suspect that the mass is very small.
Secondly, if the tumor, the muscles that can really see
by examining the mass and see if it is to be moved independently over the muscle.
You seem a smart guy, so e-mail me
1.whether tumor is present in muscle or skin
It 2.size
3. If you had ear infections or sore throats
or viral fever
4. and if the tumor is difficult

Thanks
Iam edit my previous answer, after you receive yourMessage.
The ball can be a fibroid innocent of a muscle or under the cloak of the muscle.
It is not cancer, but not according to what I show on the site, the surgeon said.
You are in a position to a doctor someday.

Anonymous said...

What you describe is a lymph node. They are numerous in this region of the neck:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/ ...

Anonymous said...

I would like to see a doctor. My feeling is that swollen lymph nodes, which probably means that you have an infection somewhere in the region and need antibiotics.

Post a Comment